Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vegan Pot Pie

Yes, I haven't posted all summer.... eep!

I got this recipe from a friend.

Ingredients:

2 pie crusts, prepared ~ I made my own pie crusts using vegan margarine
1/3 cup vegan margarine ~ I used olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup non dairy milk ~ I used almond milk
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed



Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place one pie crust into bottom of a 9 inch pie pan


In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.

Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Add vegetables and heat through.

Spoon mixture over crust in pie pan. top with second crust and pinch the edges to seal. Cut some slits in the top crust to vent steam.


Back for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment