Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sooo I like yarn ;)

I took the hobby of knitting when my daughter was in diapers to some day make longies for her.  If you are unfamiliar about longies, they are pants made of wool that work as a diaper cover for cloth diapers.  Here is a great resource about that: Benefits and Advantages of Wool Diapering Products
  I never got to make my own for her as I was still so new at knitting and quite frankly my knitting sucked.  There are many great WAHMs that knit longies for Boo.
  Anyway I have gotten much better at knitting so I have been knitting other things.  Sweaters, hats, scarves, cowls and whatever catches my fancy.
  Here is a project I just finished for a cowl swap.

DSC_0005

If you are on Ravelry you can see my project and find the pattern here.

I also just acquired some yarn from Wildflower Whimsy in her Emperor colorway.
DSC_0003
This I will hoard for awhile and possibly dye some matching black to go with it.  It has been a favorite colorway of mine and I finally have it.  It reminds me of Pittsburgh Penguins.

And this is going to become the Honey Cowl pattern
DSC_0002
This is one of Selah's newest colorways, Breaking Free.  I love the colors in this colorway and I think it is perfect for the honey cowl.  I will be casting on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment